Treat Yourself this Summer!
Chances are, many of us will be looking for ways to treat ourselves while enjoying a lovely staycation at home this summer. If delicious food is on that list for treating yourself, then you're in good company – it's on ours too. Since we won't be venturing out to travel much over the next few months, we decided to bring a few of our favorites home to kick off summer vacation. What better place to get some inspiration for good food to make at home than Napa? Take a peek at how we turned a Goose & Gander inspired burger into the ultimate food treat using local ingredients from some of our hometown favorites.
The burger build:
- Start with a ½ pound 1 Source ground beef patty seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cook on a flat top grill in melted herby butter infused with rosemary, thyme, sage and chopped onion and garlic (infuse the butter on the stove for ten minutes, then strain)
- Just before taking the burger off the grill, melt a slice of gruyere cheese on top
- Toast a ciabatta bun brushed with herby butter
- Slather on a remoulade made from 1 c. mayo, 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp. Sriracha, 2 ½ Tbsp. each chopped garlicy dill pickles, cornichons and capers and 1 tsp. each tarragon, chives and dill
- Top with slices of garlicky dill pickles and thick cut bacon
- Prepare to be both delighted and stuffed!
The local ingredients we used:
- The Real Dill Caraway Garlic Dill pickles from City Supply
- From Sweet Freedom Cheese's weekly pantry box:
- Cheese – Swiss Peak's gruyere-style cheese
- French cornichons
- Beaufor extra strong Dijon mustard
The Sweet Freedom Cheese pantry box bounty changes weekly. When we decided to make this decadent Napa-inspired burger, it just so happened the pantry box ingredients that week lined up perfectly, like our burger treat for our staycation was meant to be!
This burger is proof that you can enjoy delicious food at home during your summer staycation. So, go ahead and treat yourself! And be sure to let us know what is on your list of things to make at home this summer.