By Michael Turley|February 28, 2019| Recipes,
Sweet & Savory Beef Chili
Today is National Chili Day, so we are tipping our hats to that oh-so-meaty classic we love. This hearty take combines the goodness of our 1 Source Ground Beef (you do want the BEST chili, don't you?) with Chef Brent Hale's flare for flavor.
Root beer is Chef's secret ingredient, and we particularly love Virgil's Handcrafted Root Beer. It adds an intense, carmel-y goodness that's guaranteed to make this chili a favorite around your table, at your next barbecue, or during tailgate season.
As we relish the perfect balance of sugar and spice, we started thinking about all the ways we love to enjoy a great chili. Piled on a chili dog, mixed in a chili pie, spooned over a tamale or enchiladas, layered on a burger, added to a chili-cheese dip...and just served straight up from a spoon!
We know you'll enjoy this new spin on an old favorite as much as we do. I mean, just look at that chili coming together with the final touches of tomato sauce.
Thanks to Chef Brent for sharing this amazing recipe with us. Let us know how you enjoyed it, and how you served it. Cheers to National Chili Day!
Sweet & Savory Chili
Featuring 1 Source Ground Beef
- Ground Beef - 2 LBS
- Root Beer - 12 oz
- Onion Powder - 2 oz
- Paprika - 2 Tbs
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbs
- Garlic Powder - 2 Tbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Crushed Tomatoes - 8 oz
- Tomato Sauce - 16 oz
- Tomato Paste - 6 oz
- Cumin - 2 Tbs
- Chili Powder - 1/4 Cup
- Cayenne Powder - 1 Tbs
- Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling with a spoon, for 5-7 minutes, or until the meat has lost its pink color and begins to brown.
- Add the root beer and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until chili has thickened slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve it up and enjoy!