Smoked Sausage Pasta Salad
Something about colorful, grilled veggies just feels like spring. We decided to combine those delicious grilled veggies with our natural smoked sausages for a spring pasta salad that's easy and full of flavor.
We used a mix of squash, zucchini, red onion, red pepper and baby portobello mushrooms for our perfect pasta salad, but you can easily swap out your favorite spring vegetables in this dish. Grilling veggies brings out their natural sweetness, which pairs perfectly with the smoky heat of our natural smoked sausages.
This dish is fantastic served warm, with the charred veggies and smoked sausages right off the grill, but you can also refrigerate it and serve it cold. Either way, this simple dish will wow at any backyard barbecue this spring!
Grilled Sausage Pasta Salad
- 3 c. chopped veggies*
- 1 c. Zesty Italian Dressing, divided
- 3 c. cooked tri-color rotini pasta
- 4 Zephyr Half-Smoke Sausages
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Marinate veggies in ½ c. of the dressing for about 15 minutes before putting on the hot grill.
- Grill until tender and slightly charred.
- Add sausage to the grill and heat through. Slice diagonally.
- Combine grilled veggies, grilled sausages and cooked pasta with remaining dressing.
- Top with cheese and serve warm!