By Jill Turley, MS, RD/LD|March 27, 2019| Recipes,
Ridiculous Bacon Cheeseburger Waffle
Oh, how we love a good brunch! It’s the favorite meal in our house because it offers so many opportunities for creativity and fun. This cheeseburger waffle is a new addition to our brunch rotation. And because of its popularity, it will likely make appearances at dinner too.
When you combine ground beef, cheese and crispy bacon with waffle batter and maple syrup, you get the perfect combination of savory and sweet in one delicious bite. As an added bonus, it’s super easy to throw together, so you can take care of other items on your menu (or just hang out with a mimosa) while the different components cook.
For a super rich, ridiculously filling option, try topping it with a fried egg. It's amazing!
One last note about this charming new staple (with or without the egg), is that this waffle is HEARTY! We plan for one waffle per guest around our brunch table.
Whether you end up serving this delicious dish for brunch or dinner, I'm sure your family and friends will become immediate fans!
Ridiculous Bacon Cheeseburger waffle
- Bacon - 6 Slices
- Maple Syrup - 3/4 Cup
- Ground Beef - 1 Lb.
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 Cup
- Salt & Pepper
- Complete Buttermilk Waffle Mix - 2 Cups
- Water - 2 Cups
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and waffle iron to medium.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay bacon flat. Cook in oven 20-25 minutes, or until crispy.
- While bacon cooks, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Add salt and pepper and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, for 8-10 minutes or until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Remove bacon from oven and cool slightly. Crumble and combine with maple syrup. Let sit until ready to serve.
- Combine the pancake/waffle mix and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the browned ground beef and cheese to the waffle batter. Stir/fold until meat and cheese is distributed throughout.
- Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray. Add the batter to the pre-heated waffle iron and cook for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve waffles topped with the bacon maple syrup.