Beefy Cheesy Egg Cups
Last week, we had so much fun participating in Learn Something with Leisurlist's live Instagram segment. If you didn't catch it, you can check out the video over on Leisurlist. We made one of our favorites, Asian Beef Crumbles and these yummy Beefy Cheese Egg Cups.
These egg cups make meal prep a cinch. Make up a batch, then refrigerate or freeze them, pulling out just as many as you need for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a quick snack, or even as a recovery food after a workout. They are packed full of protein and other nutrients, so they are the perfect food to fill and fuel you for whatever your day holds. Pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, depending on the power of your microwave, and you will be on your way!
This is another easy ground beef recipe that is also super versatile, so it's simple to customize it to your tastes. Mix and match different veggies, like spinach, tomatoes, carrots or squash. Then add in your favorite spices, like taco seasoning, garlic or onion powder, or even steak seasoning.
A couple of notes on the recipe - you may have some egg mixture left over. Give it a scramble and enjoy while your egg cups are baking. Also this recipe only uses about ½ pound of cooked crumbles. Save the other half to use in another recipe later in the week (we enjoyed ours on pizza, but again, you do you!)
Beefy Cheesy Egg Cups
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cooking spray
- ½ lb. 1 Source ground beef, browned
- 12 eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- ½ - ¾ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Sauté onions, peppers and garlic until onions become translucent, about five minutes.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and sprinkle cooked beef crumbles at the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Whisk eggs. Add in milk or cream, cheese, cooked vegetables, and salt and pepper. Scoop ~¼ c. egg mixture over crumbles (each muffin cup should be about ¾ full).
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cups are golden brown and a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate or freeze!