I think we can all agree on one thing right now: it's a weird time. As Covid-19 spreads across the globe, everything feels chaotic. With very little under our control, there's one thing we can continue to do while we are stuck inside, and that is feed our families well. Now might be a good time to experiment with that recipe you have always wanted to try. Or take a cooking class online. (YouTube has some great ones!) Maybe it's time to tackle that baking project with your kids.
It's a great time to have some fun in the kitchen. But it's also a time when you just might need something quick and easy because the day has just been stressful and tumultuous. We are all having days like that. Or maybe your grocery store shelves are getting bare, and you're looking for something to make with items you have on hand. We know we could use a little inspiration some days.
So, we've put together some tips and collected ten easy ground beef recipes that feature ingredients you may already have on hand.
Here's how we typically stock our house:
- In our pantry: canned beans, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta sauce, rice, pasta, canned veggies (pick ones you like), canned fruit in water or 100% juice, small cans of pineapple juice (makes a great meat tenderizer), tortillas, canned mushrooms, canned green chilis, tuna and salmon pouches, single-serve red and white wine (for flavor!)
- In our freezer: 1 Source ground beef, frozen veggies, frozen fruit, bread, rolls, hamburger buns, frozen fish
- In our spice cabinet: taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin, dill, basil, parsley, nutmeg, cinnamon, chives, garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, Montreal steak seasoning, ranch dressing seasoning
- In our fridge: shredded cheese, string cheese, eggs, plain greek yogurt (individual cups)
- Produce: potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, squash, bell peppers, tomatoes, lemons, limes, oranges
- Condiments & such: soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, cooking spray, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, agave, ketchup, barbecue sauce, real mayonnaise, sriracha, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs
- Freezer meals: soups, stews, and casseroles all freezer very well.
And here are 10 easy recipes we love:
- Tex Mex Stuffed Peppers
- Asian Beef Crumbles
- Cottage Pie
- Creamy Beef & Shells
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Kafta BBQ
- Greek Baked Ziti
- Easy Taco Casserole
- Porcupine Meatballs
- Open Faced Pizza Burgers
Let us know what you are doing with your ground beef right now!